Friday, April 6, 2012

Last blog in El Salvador

Happy Good Friday everyone!

What a great week! This week is "Holy week" so we didn't have to work at all. Instead, we took this week to enjoy our time together as a family. We went to the beach on Tuesday for a "see you soon" celebration for Jimmy and I. Wednesday, we had Henry (a soccer kid) who wants to become a pastry chef when he gets older, he came over to help bake with us. Later that evening Lauren, Ashley and I were given an opportunity to bless our church with a special song before I left on Friday. Oh was I nervous, but glory to God for the opportunity. Overall, I had fun singing to the Lord and singing along side my awesome sisters. Thursday, the soccer ministry had it's first official family meeting. We had this meeting to gather all the parents together to get a clear understanding of what the soccer ministry was about, who CFCI was and the future plans for the ministry. We had to let them know that it wasn't just about soccer, it's about our relationship with the Lord that comes first. It was a great meeting. We served pizza and oh man, it looked like we didn't have enough. But praise the Lord we had enough for the family, the students and the team to have 2 slices. What a blessing to have witness how great and how mighty the Lord is and how He truly is the provider. Praise the Lord.

So yeah, today is my last day here in El Salvador. I can't believe when I first came I was filled with fear. I had so much fear built up inside of my head that I almost didn't come. Now, I'm filled with so much Joy! I'm so thankful that the Lord gave me peace when I first talked to Him about coming. Oh did Satan overwhelm me with thoughts throughout this process, but was it worth it? YES! I've learned a lot on this trip, I've seen a lot and experienced a lot. If it wasn't for my prayer warriors, my finical supporters, and everyone else this opportunity to come down to El Salvador couldn't have happened. With everyone supporting me and believing that the Lord could actually use me, I just wanted to Thank you! Thank you for giving me an opportunity to be a missionary here in El Salvador, I'm ready to take what I've learned here and bring it back to the states. I'm ready to bring El Salvador to you! :)

 I hope you enjoy some of the pictures from this past week. :)

I'm ready to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment