Saturday, April 7, 2012

More thoughts

 Here I am, sitting at the airport. It's roughly 9:11pm right now (central time). I can't believe i'm in the states now. I'm getting closer to home. For a good 2 months or so home to me was El Salvador, my bunk bed with 2 mattress, a courtyard stabbed in the middle of the house, and the dental/medical clinic below the house. In 2 hours or so I'll be home. The thought about it is crazy! I'm so thankful and I feel so blessed to have had this experience. It really helped show me how big our creator is, how creative He is, and how much He cares for each and everyone of us. The people, the culture, and the country all have a place in my heart. I know this isn't going to be the last mission trip nor my last time in El Salvador. This is just the beginning.

I've had a good amount of time to reflect on a lot and man, was it tough thinking about it all. (on a side note: I'm a very emotional person) I was using the bathroom in the plane and when I got off the plane, and when I went to throw away the toliet paper, I litterally was looking for a waste basket. If you don't know, most central america places don't allow toliet paper in their toliets because it can clog it. If you can picture it, you have to toss it in the waste basket and once the bag gets full you take it out. Another culture clash I had, I started speaking in spanish to people on mistake here in the airport. Ahh... was it embaressing! I have to get out of that mindset now, I can't believe how easy that was. Not to mention, I was dropped off at the airport and while walking in, someone mistaken me as a salvadorian. Seriously, they didn't even have to think twice, they were convince I was a salvadorian. How cool was that? Obvisously i'm not a salvadorian but my goal was to be one. Hey, it worked! I seriously came with zero spanish, barely any to get by and now I can start a conversation but with broken spanish that is. Oh i'm so happy! Praise the lord for teaching me how to be patient when it comes to learning. Friends, patiences is a virtue. :)

I can't wait to see my family, I am happy. It's been a while, skyping and factiming isn't the same. I'm going to miss everyone in el salvador but like I told everyone, i'm not saying goodbye, i'm saying “see you soon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment