Monday, April 2, 2012

Last week

First off, Happy holy week! This week here in El Salvador, everyone has it off or at least most people have if off due to Easter.  

I can't believe this is my last week here in El Salvador. This chapter in my life is coming to an end. Yesterday at church, Pastor Javier called me up in front of the church and informed everyone about my departure date this Friday. Then he prayed for me in front of the church. Oh boy, was I in tears. It wasn't like watery eyes, it was like a fountain of tears just running down my face. I had to walk back to my seat and after 10 min. I still couldn't breathe. I had to leave service and take a breather. Oh was it an emotional morning.

Here is something new for ya! For a week now, I've had a nickel size bump on the left side of my head (inside my scalp). I finally had the chance today to get it checked by the Dr. and we found out that it was an infection due to bacteria. He said it could have been the interaction with the kids and all the bacteria that they carry. Well, I'm glad I know what it is now and I'm on medication for it. Praise the Lord for what it is and nothing bigger.

With Easter around the corner, I've been reading Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. The more I read the more I realize how big our God is. I love how Jesus is the example for us, to go out and heal the sick, the blind/mute, and cast out demons. The authority He has and the faith in God He has is nothing compared to us. Every time I read about how Jesus healed someone or prayed for someone, it motivated me because He said in John 14:12 "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." Ah I love that. I was doing my devotions and just praising how mighty my God is and the power He has above everything. "If our god is for us, who can be against us"by Chris Tomlin. That song is so powerful and such a great reminder of our God. When we are weak let us be reminded that we can find our strength in Him, for He restores our weakness. Praise you Father for you son, praise you in our mist of trials and tribulations, praise you when we wake up, praise you in every situation!

Tomorrow the CFCI team is headed to the beach for a little "see you soon" party for Jimmy and I. It's not gonna be sad, no! It'll be fun because the focus will be about "that moment" and not about us leaving. The thought of departing will have to wait. Hey, I'm still here! Well... to conclude everything, I'll leave you with some pictures. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you enjoy the pictures! BTW my camera is broken. Thanks to my awesome roomies, they have given me approval to use theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment