Today hits the 4th week of my stay here in El Salvador. Just think, if I didn't extend my stay I would be coming home this weekend. I'm so glad that I'm staying an extra month. I'll be coming home April 7th (12am-ish). So far I'm enjoying every moment here.
As each day passes, I'm getting to know each and everyone of my missionary friends more and more. We just added a new missionary to our house and her name is Ashley. Honestly, I couldn't be more happier. I have such a great team! When I first met each and everyone of them, I knew they were God sent. I was talking to one of the leaders here and they mentioned how the El Salvador base rarely receives missionaries. Maybe 5-7 people a year and a few teams. I was thinking to myself... Well that must mean my team was hand picked from God because all 6 of us broke that record in FEB. Plus, we just had a team from New York come and in a few weeks we have 2 more coming. God is blessing the El Salvador base and I am so bless to be apart of the blessing. :)
Meet Jimmy, he is such a Man of God. He has such a great passion for soccer and kids. He's always filled with words of encouragements. Never have I seen him frustrated (only when he misses a goal), he's always seeing things on the positive side. He's a great leader to our mission family and I'm so honored to call him my brother.
Meet Lauren or Lorena, She was the first person I met when I moved into the Mission house. Right after I met her, I knew she was someone I wanted to be friends with. Not trying to say I didn't, but I wanted to get to know her. She was very welcoming, bubbly, and just full of life. She is such a woman of God, her thoughts, her prayers and her love towards others. I'm so thankful to have met her.
Meet Ashley, the youngest of the group with the most experience of life. Honestly, if she never told me her story I would have never guessed it. One word to describe Ashley: Survivor. Ever since meeting Ashley, her life proves that God can make the impossible the possible. Even though she's gone through a lot, I'm so proud of how she reacts towards things. I'm so blessed to have her as a room mate, a friend and a sister.
Meet David or Tio David, the oldest of the group. Tio which in Spanish means Uncle. The oldest and the wisest. If it wasn't for Tio's help, I wouldn't have known how to save $$ with my extended stay here in El Salvador. He's so nice! Every time I listen to his story of how he went from having everything to giving it all to the Lord amazes me. Our God is so big and when he calls, he calls. It's either you go or you miss the opportunity that He has for you. Plan A is always better than plan B. I'm so glad Tio is with our group.
Meet Ashley B, can you spot her? Just kidding. The newest and the latest addition to our group. The nurse, the one with energy and the one with the craziest ideas.. However, when she speaks about Jesus, you can tell her love and her passion is placed in Him. Friendly, outgoing, and caring is definitely what describes Ashley.
As each day passes, I'm getting to know each and everyone of my missionary friends more and more. We just added a new missionary to our house and her name is Ashley. Honestly, I couldn't be more happier. I have such a great team! When I first met each and everyone of them, I knew they were God sent. I was talking to one of the leaders here and they mentioned how the El Salvador base rarely receives missionaries. Maybe 5-7 people a year and a few teams. I was thinking to myself... Well that must mean my team was hand picked from God because all 6 of us broke that record in FEB. Plus, we just had a team from New York come and in a few weeks we have 2 more coming. God is blessing the El Salvador base and I am so bless to be apart of the blessing. :)
Meet Jimmy, he is such a Man of God. He has such a great passion for soccer and kids. He's always filled with words of encouragements. Never have I seen him frustrated (only when he misses a goal), he's always seeing things on the positive side. He's a great leader to our mission family and I'm so honored to call him my brother.
Meet Lauren or Lorena, She was the first person I met when I moved into the Mission house. Right after I met her, I knew she was someone I wanted to be friends with. Not trying to say I didn't, but I wanted to get to know her. She was very welcoming, bubbly, and just full of life. She is such a woman of God, her thoughts, her prayers and her love towards others. I'm so thankful to have met her.
Meet Ashley, the youngest of the group with the most experience of life. Honestly, if she never told me her story I would have never guessed it. One word to describe Ashley: Survivor. Ever since meeting Ashley, her life proves that God can make the impossible the possible. Even though she's gone through a lot, I'm so proud of how she reacts towards things. I'm so blessed to have her as a room mate, a friend and a sister.
Meet David or Tio David, the oldest of the group. Tio which in Spanish means Uncle. The oldest and the wisest. If it wasn't for Tio's help, I wouldn't have known how to save $$ with my extended stay here in El Salvador. He's so nice! Every time I listen to his story of how he went from having everything to giving it all to the Lord amazes me. Our God is so big and when he calls, he calls. It's either you go or you miss the opportunity that He has for you. Plan A is always better than plan B. I'm so glad Tio is with our group.
Meet Ashley B, can you spot her? Just kidding. The newest and the latest addition to our group. The nurse, the one with energy and the one with the craziest ideas.. However, when she speaks about Jesus, you can tell her love and her passion is placed in Him. Friendly, outgoing, and caring is definitely what describes Ashley.
Don't I have a great crew? I'm so thankful for the people the Lord has placed in my life right now. I honestly did not know I was going to be down here with these amazing people. God is so good at hand picking His people at the right time. Thank you Jesus for the people in my life!
Wow.. Awesome children of the Most High God!
ReplyDelete