March 3, 2012
This morning was spent with the soccer kids. They had a game today and won. Man, was first half a tough game. The other team scored within the first 30 seconds of the game. By second half it was 1 to 1. If it wasn't for the other team, we wouldn't have scored in the first half. Boy were the kids frustrated. One of the students was so upset at himself because he knew he wasn't playing to his fullest. He was letting his family issues take over. He was venting out later about how he witnessed his parents arguing and this was the first time he saw them arguing really bad. So that had an effect on his playing. Once after the venting and prayers, he was back out on the field and playing. Before you know it, he was one of the students out on the field who scored a goal. Praise the Lord. Second half of the game was a lot better. We eventually won our game (4-3).
This evening was spent hanging out with the friends and prepping for our night mission. We packed some PB&J's, apples, cookies, juice and chips and passed them out to the homeless people who slept out on the streets. There was one area in the community that had a lot of homeless people, they all slept by the railroad track. Never will I forget it. As I was handing out the bag of food, there was an area that I walked past and the smell reminded me of the pig and cow slaughter house (if you're Asian you know what I'm talking about). It was so dark out and I was in my flip flops. Yikes! As we were walking and handing out food, the guys there would just pee outside like it's a bathroom. So no wonder it 'stank'. Another stop, we gave a bag to this old man who would just sit outside a car shop every night a lone. When one of our guys gave him the bag and chatted with him, the dude responded back. The said part was, our guy couldn't understand the dude. The dude mumbles and could barely walk. When a grandma across the street saw us handing out food, she started crossing the freeway a lone with her cane. Finally we saw her half way and one of our team ran to her and handed her a bag.
I am so blessed to have experience what I saw today. Never have I seen it before. I'm sure it happens everywhere, even back home in my back yard. If it wasn't for a donor from the states who wanted to send money for us to feed the homeless, we would have never had the chance to do so. As I sat on the back of the truck as we drove off, I was just talking to the Lord and just praising Him. Even though there were many people out on the streets, I'm so thankful that He places a passion in others who want to help feed the homeless, build a shelter, and go mister to them. If I would have left home on March 2nd, never would I have gotten this opportunity to reach out to the homeless people. Praise the Lord for His timing in my life.
This morning was spent with the soccer kids. They had a game today and won. Man, was first half a tough game. The other team scored within the first 30 seconds of the game. By second half it was 1 to 1. If it wasn't for the other team, we wouldn't have scored in the first half. Boy were the kids frustrated. One of the students was so upset at himself because he knew he wasn't playing to his fullest. He was letting his family issues take over. He was venting out later about how he witnessed his parents arguing and this was the first time he saw them arguing really bad. So that had an effect on his playing. Once after the venting and prayers, he was back out on the field and playing. Before you know it, he was one of the students out on the field who scored a goal. Praise the Lord. Second half of the game was a lot better. We eventually won our game (4-3).
This evening was spent hanging out with the friends and prepping for our night mission. We packed some PB&J's, apples, cookies, juice and chips and passed them out to the homeless people who slept out on the streets. There was one area in the community that had a lot of homeless people, they all slept by the railroad track. Never will I forget it. As I was handing out the bag of food, there was an area that I walked past and the smell reminded me of the pig and cow slaughter house (if you're Asian you know what I'm talking about). It was so dark out and I was in my flip flops. Yikes! As we were walking and handing out food, the guys there would just pee outside like it's a bathroom. So no wonder it 'stank'. Another stop, we gave a bag to this old man who would just sit outside a car shop every night a lone. When one of our guys gave him the bag and chatted with him, the dude responded back. The said part was, our guy couldn't understand the dude. The dude mumbles and could barely walk. When a grandma across the street saw us handing out food, she started crossing the freeway a lone with her cane. Finally we saw her half way and one of our team ran to her and handed her a bag.
I am so blessed to have experience what I saw today. Never have I seen it before. I'm sure it happens everywhere, even back home in my back yard. If it wasn't for a donor from the states who wanted to send money for us to feed the homeless, we would have never had the chance to do so. As I sat on the back of the truck as we drove off, I was just talking to the Lord and just praising Him. Even though there were many people out on the streets, I'm so thankful that He places a passion in others who want to help feed the homeless, build a shelter, and go mister to them. If I would have left home on March 2nd, never would I have gotten this opportunity to reach out to the homeless people. Praise the Lord for His timing in my life.
Douache,
ReplyDeleteIt's been a while since we last talked, and now you're in the mission field!!! It's amazing how times flies. I'm really glad you started this blog. It's so great to for me to be able to share your experience through your reflections and pictures. I can see how the Lord is using you to do great things. Keep it up, you are an asset to His Kingdom. I am so blessed to know you! Take Care and may God continue to bless you abundantly for your faithfulness! You are truly a light to the World!