Sunday, February 26, 2012

He's speaking, are you listening?

I am so happy that I was able to recover all my previous post. I literally cried the night I found out that everything went missing. Glory to God.

This week was hectic. We had a team from New York come to do some service work here in El Salvador. When a team comes we usually stop our normal schedule to work with their schedule. Everything was great but we were always on the go and always in the sun. By the end of the week I was exhausted AND very dark. Yesterday we went up to a village in the mountains where there was no running water, no electricity, and no visitors. If you were to walk up or down the mountains it would take 2 hrs. Going up or down by a car was roughly 45mins. Lets just say, It was not safe nor easy going either way.
While we were going up the hill with a bus it was getting hot, the girls on the bus were screaming, and I had to use the bathroom. I was getting so frustrated and upset. I was complaining to God that I should have taken the day off because everything was getting on my nerves. As I looked around, I started to realize that God created everything with His hands. The bright blue ocean was to my left side, ahead of me was nature (birds, trees, dirt etc) and I realized that God was all around me. I started to hear the Lord speak to me. It wasn't an audible voice but it was definitely God. He was reminding me of the time when I prayed about going places where no one wants to go, helping the needy, showing love to those who rarely ever receives it. etc I was so shocked! He reminded me of my prayers. After that, I had to start asking the Lord for strength now that my prayer was being answered.
Once we made it to the top, we were invited by a lot of the villagers. They were so welcoming. We had a clinic station set up for the people so they could receive help if needed. I was apart of the skit/drama team. Oh my word, was that a lot of fun. My friends and I were clowns. The message of the skit came across perfectly, some kids even came over and told us that they were happy that we performed the skit. Afterwards we had a pinata party for them and then it was SOCCER.
Not trying to brag but we are 3-0 when it comes to facing other teams out there. I really enjoy playing soccer and just meeting new people. I love my team. Who knew I would have such a great group to work alongside with.
I'm starting to realize that the Lord really does speak to us. It's just who is listening? I've had a few moments where the Lord would have me get involved with people I don't even know and before leaving, I would get this tug in my heart to pray. Having me pray for them. Stepping out with boldness was never something I had when it comes to prayer. The Lord is definitely stretching me while I'm away from everything that makes me comfortable. It's been good I'm learning that the Lord knows us way better than ourselves. It's been a great learning experience and I'm glad I'm staying another month or else I'll be home this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment