Getting Personal
This past Sunday I gave a little speech to the church about my Mission trip, Informing the church when and why i'm leaving. I don't know what it was, but man I was so nervous. I knew what I was going to say, but it totally came out unorganized. Honestly, I didn't know what I was going to say at first. As I started talking to Gaohle about it, she helped me get the gist of what I was going to say. Right before I spoke, the Lord downloaded a verse in my head to let the church know why I was leaving. It reflected back to my first post on my blog, Isaiah 61-1:3. Overall, I did it with the help of the Holy Spirit, Glory to God.
Tomorrow i'm thinking about booking a time with Kevin, our media guy, to form a video about my trip. Therefore, I don't have to go up on stage every week to let the church know, but instead it'll be on a video.
This Friday my mom and I are planning to sell eggrolls to her company as a way to help fund for my trip. We've been preparing all week for this. From the orders that she took, we have to make roughly 600 eggrolls. Oh man, i'm totally looking forward to this! We have to have most of the eggrolls ready by 11am, so that means my mom and I will be pulling an all nighter. This is going to be exciting!!
I'm so grateful to have my mom as a mother. She is so cool. I was with my mom at Sam's Club and some kid that my brother played football with walked by and my mom was like, "Look it's Tony, why don't you say hi?" I looked at my mom and said, "Mom do you even know him? And how do you even know his name?" Of course, my mom was a football, basketball, soccer, volleyball mother. She knew all of our friends BY name. My mom has a good memory with names, so don't be surprise if she calls you by name.
My mom and I have been spending a lot of time together this week. I'm learning so much from her. Honestly, I feel like I've taken my relationship with my mom for granted. She is so funny, she has so much wisdom, and such a woman of God. I love her answers with complicated situations, so Godly thinking. I feel like this veil that has been covering my eyes has been lifted. I have so much respect for her now (more than before, that is.). She is such a hard working single mother of five grown kids. I feel like God is bring healing to my heart to heal brokeness from the past. To learn to truly love again. It's been good. I'm looking forward to spending more time with her.
I've started a checklist of what I need to bring on this trip. Everytime I do stuff relating to my trip, I get more excited each time. It's almost here. Just 20 more days. Please keep me in your prayers.
Tomorrow i'm thinking about booking a time with Kevin, our media guy, to form a video about my trip. Therefore, I don't have to go up on stage every week to let the church know, but instead it'll be on a video.
This Friday my mom and I are planning to sell eggrolls to her company as a way to help fund for my trip. We've been preparing all week for this. From the orders that she took, we have to make roughly 600 eggrolls. Oh man, i'm totally looking forward to this! We have to have most of the eggrolls ready by 11am, so that means my mom and I will be pulling an all nighter. This is going to be exciting!!
I'm so grateful to have my mom as a mother. She is so cool. I was with my mom at Sam's Club and some kid that my brother played football with walked by and my mom was like, "Look it's Tony, why don't you say hi?" I looked at my mom and said, "Mom do you even know him? And how do you even know his name?" Of course, my mom was a football, basketball, soccer, volleyball mother. She knew all of our friends BY name. My mom has a good memory with names, so don't be surprise if she calls you by name.
My mom and I have been spending a lot of time together this week. I'm learning so much from her. Honestly, I feel like I've taken my relationship with my mom for granted. She is so funny, she has so much wisdom, and such a woman of God. I love her answers with complicated situations, so Godly thinking. I feel like this veil that has been covering my eyes has been lifted. I have so much respect for her now (more than before, that is.). She is such a hard working single mother of five grown kids. I feel like God is bring healing to my heart to heal brokeness from the past. To learn to truly love again. It's been good. I'm looking forward to spending more time with her.
I've started a checklist of what I need to bring on this trip. Everytime I do stuff relating to my trip, I get more excited each time. It's almost here. Just 20 more days. Please keep me in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment