Sunday, February 19, 2012

Retrieving Data- JAN 6,2012, 7:14pm

 Happy New Year
I can't believe 2011 is over. I felt like it just started and now it's gone and here we are, another new year. Honestly, I know it's going to be a great year. The year of LOVE, HOPE, JOY, PEACE, FAITHFULNESS, KINDNESS etc. God is doing great things and He is moving man.

I went to One Thing this year in Kansas City. I went a few years back and did not have the best experience. So when the opportunity to go this year came up, I was a bit hesitant. I had 2 friends from different groups asking if I wanted to go, but I declined. I went out of town 2 weekends in a row in December already and to leave again, the thought of it was very exhausting. More like home sick. When the third person asked if I wanted to go with their group, the Lord gave me peace about it. Everything that happened in the past, I gave it to the Lord, I wasn't going to let the past stop me from receiving what He had intended for me. 
On our way to the conference, we were listening to the live stream on our phone and they announced that Misty Edwards was going to be giving the word that night, I was so excited to receive what the Lord wanted for me. The verse that night was from Matthew 22:37 "Jesus said to him, you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind." Our MIND. Misty mentioned how our mind's were created to be used to glorify God. The creativity that our mind put together is used for Him. Our mind was designed for prayer. Take the dialogue aka the word and put it in our mind. Also, when we are reading the word, put ourselves in the book as if we were walking with Jesus. As Jesus was washing our feet. etc Our mind is so powerful and it is always thinking.
After listening to this, as silly as it sounds, I wanna train my mind to think like this. I mean, I should already but it's hard. But i'm gonna do it.
Following the session was a movie called Nefarious. If you haven't seen this documentary, you need to get a hold of it. I'm serious too, everyone needs to be informed about Human trafficking. This is a serious deal, people don't understand that it's happening in front of our eyes. In our backyard, City, Malls, etc. It's happening at MOA as well. After watching this video, it gave me a new perspective. Honestly, it gave me a bigger heart to love more and more people. I can't wait to pour out the love that the Lord has given me.
Popout

Overall, I am so Thankful to have gone to One thing. Especially with the group that went. I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do in each and everyone's life in the year of 2012. It's going to be a great year!!!

On Another Note
I got my FIRST partner who donated for my trip.
Second partner donated right when I came back from Kansas. WHOA, Thank you Jesus!
Counting the days until I leave: 31 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment