"My job may be a job to others, but for me... it's like family."
11 days remaining
My family and I have been selling egg rolls to my mamas company to help fund for my trip. It's been going pretty good. We've probably made 1,000 egg rolls already. I'm so exhausted but it's all good because I get to bond with my family.
Just yesterday (1/19/12) while I was attending the Prophetic Conference, I received a phone call from my supervisor. She mentioned how one of my resident was not feeling good and how her health is slowing declining. If I wanted to visit her, I should visit soon.
Honestly, this whole situation didn't hit me until an hour later after the phone call. And when it did, oh man... I did not look cute! No one, so close to me has ever passed away, so I didn't know how to react. I must have been in shocked or something. I mean, I was just working the other day and she was perfectly fine. And then it hit me. God never told us to focus on the past or the future. He says to only focus on today and only today for we don't know what tomorrow brings. Then I started to reminisce about all the times I spent with my resident. And yeah, I got a little emotional. At that moment, I didn't know what I could do to help her. I didn't even know if she was a live. I felt bad because I didn't give my all to her when I could have. I brought in my own issues to work certain days and it affected my ability to give my all. While I was thinking, I learned to not take things/life/people for granted. Yeah, it's easier said than done. I know. I know. Sometimes it has to happen to the best of us for us to fully grasp it.
I found out not to long ago that my resident isn't doing the best. From yesterdays health, she's actually declining. I'm so sad. My job may be a job to others, but for me... it's like family. My residents, in general, brought life, joy, and a new perspective to my life that I could have never received else where. And the time that I get to spend with them, it's great! This job really helped me learn how to be a servant. To do my best and do what's right.
I went to visit my resident yesterday a few hours after the phone call from my supervisor. I was able to pray with her and to hold her hand. I don't know why this happened now, but i'm thankful that it happened before I left to El Salvador. God has a plan for everything. And I know my resident is in good hands. The hands of the Father. The Creator of life. The Alpha and the Omega.
No comments:
Post a Comment