Sunday, February 19, 2012

Retrieving Data: FEB 8, 2012, 11:09pm




Everyone has finally arrived!
Everyone is here! Meet my missionary room mates. Top L: David (Ohio), Jimmy (Kentucky), Ashley (Oregon), Lauren (Ohio) and myself. I love how we're all from different parts of the states with different backgrounds, but with one mission. I moved out from my host family house yesterday and slept at the Mission house last night for the first time. I'll be living here from now on until I leave. I love all my room mates. They are so cool.

Learning Spanish is getting easier. I can somewhat understand when people speak or at least get the jest of what they're saying. I'm falling in love with the country more and more each day. 

On Tuesday I went to the slums with my partner Becky to teach English. Here are a few pictures that I took, there's obviously more but I like these pictures best. My friend Becky was talking to the kid in the green shirt about his life and schooling etc. She asked if he ever gets ill while living in his community and he replied back saying how he was just sick last week, throwing up. Becky replied back asking, "Why". He said the reason why he was puking last week was because he had nothing to eat. After I heard this I was so sad. I wanted to burst into tears man. It's so real here. There are kids at the slums who loves being around us and loves giving hugs. Thing is... these kids aren't the cleanest. When hugging them, it was like; what would Jesus do. So, I took every human flesh thoughts out of my mind and did what Jesus would have done. That was to love and caress them to the fullest.  At soccer today, there were kids with no water. At the missionary house we have an unlimited jug of water. Man, I'm totally seeing both sides of the story.
Today I helped with the soccer ministry. Here is a glimpse of our practice Jersey. 

I'll write more later. After a long day of running and working with the soccer ministry, I'm exhausted.

On a side note: I don't think I'm ready to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment