Sunday, February 19, 2012

Retrieving Data- FEB 12, 2012, 1:20am

Here is a glimpse of my room. First dinner with my room mate, Lauren.

My schedule is finally in. I'm teaching English and soccer on Monday's and Wednesdays. I'm in the Dental clinic on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Friday's I'll be at the school teaching English. During the nights sometimes, I'll be going to the Slums and hanging out with the kids and also teaching them English. I never thought that coming down here I would be teaching English this much. It has taught me to be super patient with the kids and in general. It's opening my eyes to see that not everyone is on the same page with learning and writing.
This is Guillermo and I teaching English to our 3rd graders.
As you can see, the guys in the front are wearing the Soccer Jerseys. These were the new jerseys that the soccer team was fund raising for. Most kids can't afford to buy a jersey with shorts and socks. Most of the kids cleats are worn out with holes in them. We are still in the process of fund raising for the kids. If you're interested in helping a kid get a uniform for games and tournaments, let me know. 
I am very fortunate to have had a host family before moving into the mission house. My host family is so sweet, they came over today to surprise me on an outing to the mountains (half way up the volcano) to enjoy the night scenario. On the way to the mountain top, I was listening to my host mom talk about how blessed she was to have everything. She started to remind us to be thankful for everything else. With my background, that's what I said when I saw how some people lived here and then to hear it from them, it amazes me. I bet there are families out there with very little and yet still very thankful for the little things they have like food or a shelter.
I'm so amaze at what the Lord is already doing here in El Salvador. I just want to be where the Lord is moving and it's totally here. I'm hoping and praying that I'll be able to stay an extra month. Pray that if it's the Lords will, it'll work out with the right timing and the finances. 

I hope everyone is enjoying the pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment