Friday, July 6, 2012

The remaining 2 days...

I can't believe Mexico is around the corner. The past few weeks the girls and I have been trying to find donations for our trip. Donation as in... Clothing, shoes, books, etc. Nothing really came in until this week. Just today I received 8 bags full of goodies but not just me, my sister received 4 bags of school supplies. Earlier this week, all of the girls and I got together to get organized for our trip. We went shopping for our activities that we were going to do with the kids when we get down there. We learned new things, like making friendship bracelets but on your hair. We learned how to face paint and make fun crafts. I'm excited. Everything is slowly coming together. It looks like we won't be leaving until Monday night around 7pm and getting into Mexico until the next day. We have a huge layover in Houston, Texas. More like we have to find a place to crash for the night, honestly I don't know what to do. I still have to get some stuff situated before we leave but they're nothing too big.
Tomorrow the girls and I are getting together at church to start packing and getting things together before we leave on Monday. Yay!

The past month or so now, I've been thinking about work. I think I'm going to step down from the title as the "Assistant Supervisor" at ACR Homes. I feel like I don't work enough to know my residents anymore. I'm only at work a few hours a day and that still doesn't give me enough time to know them. I feel like it's selfish of me to keep holding onto something that I don't deserve. Starting in August I'll be a normal staff, no more Assistant Supervisor title.
I'm not upset nor happy about it. I'm just like... eh. I don't know what's next but I think I'm making the right choice. I feel at peace with this decision. I know most people will continue to work up the ladder, but I don't feel like this is going to be a long term job for me. I feel like my time with  ACR is coming to an end soon. I don't know when but soon.

1 comment:

  1. Im excited for you! YAY! And I didnt know you stepped down. Dont worry, greater things are yet to come! (=

    ReplyDelete