I can't believe I leave to Mexico tonight. Time went by so fast, it felt like yesterday when I got the news about going to Mexico. I'm really excited to go to the Orphanage. We are going with an organization called AIM (http://aim.ag.org/) which is partnering with Esperanza Viva. Check out their website if you are interested: http://lovehopemercy.com.
Earlier this week as we were preparing for the trip, we were short on donations. I was so worried that by Saturday morning we wouldn't have anything to pack. Praise the Lord for a great friend of mine, she donated 8 bags full of clothes, toys, jackets etc. Since then, we started getting more and more donations. Some of the stuff I'm taking it on my carry-on. Lets hope I'll have enough clothes for the week. I'm glad I have my sister going on this trip with me, we can share clothes.
Well... Its roughly 2:50pm and I have to be at the church at 4pm to meet with the girls before we head to the airport. I just finished packing. Am I ready, lets hope so. Bible: CHECK, Clothes: CHECK, Camera: CHECK. I think I'm set. Please keep all of us in your prayers. There is 9 girls: Anna, Annie, Alyssa, Aliyah, Allie, Bethany, Hannah, Kao Hle and I. Pray that I won't get any of the girls name mixed up. As you can tell, I have a lot of "A's" to remember. Also, pray that our flights will go by smoothly. Tonight we get in at Houston around 10:30pm and we fly to Puebla 9am. We are planning to sleep at the airport, pray that the girls will do okay with that. Overall, a covering and protection. I love you all. I'll keep everyone posted. Until then, have a wonderful week! Dios te bendiga.
Earlier this week as we were preparing for the trip, we were short on donations. I was so worried that by Saturday morning we wouldn't have anything to pack. Praise the Lord for a great friend of mine, she donated 8 bags full of clothes, toys, jackets etc. Since then, we started getting more and more donations. Some of the stuff I'm taking it on my carry-on. Lets hope I'll have enough clothes for the week. I'm glad I have my sister going on this trip with me, we can share clothes.
Well... Its roughly 2:50pm and I have to be at the church at 4pm to meet with the girls before we head to the airport. I just finished packing. Am I ready, lets hope so. Bible: CHECK, Clothes: CHECK, Camera: CHECK. I think I'm set. Please keep all of us in your prayers. There is 9 girls: Anna, Annie, Alyssa, Aliyah, Allie, Bethany, Hannah, Kao Hle and I. Pray that I won't get any of the girls name mixed up. As you can tell, I have a lot of "A's" to remember. Also, pray that our flights will go by smoothly. Tonight we get in at Houston around 10:30pm and we fly to Puebla 9am. We are planning to sleep at the airport, pray that the girls will do okay with that. Overall, a covering and protection. I love you all. I'll keep everyone posted. Until then, have a wonderful week! Dios te bendiga.
No comments:
Post a Comment