Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Random blog

What a beautiful morning. Happy Tuesday everyone.

I hope everyone is having a great start of the week because I am. I should be working on filing some papers right now but since I haven't written a blog for a while, I thought I should quickly post a few things. First and foremost, I just want to give praises to the Man above for keeping me protected, keeping me healthy and for just always providing everything I need.

God is doing great things here at the missionary house. In the back area of our house we have a spare room that we turned into our hangout room. Half of the room is covered with a ceiling and the other half isn't. The part that isn't covered is for our hammocks so at night we can lay on them and look at the stars. We have a t.v. back there along with some chairs, tables, and couches. It's pretty nice and comfy. Just yesterday we put up a few picture frames, it's looking more comfier and comfier. Besides the back room, we now have the medical clinic here at the house. It's actually right below our house. To get a better picture, we live upstairs and the medical clinic is downstairs. On the days I have to work in the clinic I can just get up, wash up, eat something quick and walk downstairs. It's so nice.

One thing I want to see before I leave the country was their raining season. Of course that's impossible because it's the dry season right now. According to the friends I met here, they've been telling me about how crazy the weather has been, all the random raining isn't normal. Just the other day it was pouring for a good 30 min or so. Not just with rain but with lightening and thunder. Supposedly hearing thunder is abnormal, glad I was able to witness that. First the earthquakes now the rain. Praise the Lord for opportunities like this and for keeping me safe.

One of our missionary buddies left home a week ago. It's crazy how fast her time went. To think of it, I only have roughly 2 weeks left until I come home. Yeah, time is going by so fast, I'm trying my best to do what I can to enjoy every moment I have here. I've grown so attached to a lot of people here it's going to be hard leaving. We had a meeting last Thursday and Pastor Javior is planning a good bye party for Jimmy and I because we're the next missionaries to leave the base. Beach party on Monday and then that following Friday, I'm headed home.

On a new note, the whole family and I (the other 4 missionaries) watched the Olympic soccer game; El Salvador vs USA. Oh man was it a good game. Within the first min USA scored. Within the last min of the game El Salvador scored the winning goal to advance into the next bracket. Which meaning, USA is out of the game. Overall it was a good game.

That's all for now. I have to get going. I'll write more later. Have a great day! Be blessed my friends. Dios te bendiga.




2 comments:

  1. You said you had nothing to write about!?! Awesome post. cant believe youll be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend. It took me forever to come up with something. IDK why. Argh!

      Delete