Lets rewind the story
Back in September I was given an opportunity to go to Life Light. If you don't know what Life Light is about, it's an outdoor christian music festival that has 4-5 stages and a whole load of artist who come to lead worship, perform their songs, and to promote themselves etc. While I was there, organizations and ministry people were handing out their flyers from right to left and of course, you can't turn them down. Pretty much anything that was handed to me, I took it. Truth is, I usually toss them away (sorry). In my mind, i'm already jumping a head of time and saying "i'm not going to have time to look at these anyways." Well this time, it was a different story. Without realizing it, I tossed the flyers in my backpack.A few weeks after the trip to Life Light, I started to clean out my backpack. And oh my goodness, I had so many random papers, Life Light booklets, and of course the flyers. There was one brochure that caught my attention. It was filled with bright colors, font that was hard to decipher, it was so unattractive that I had to give it a shot (You can't judge a book by it's cover). And that was the beginning of the new chapter in my life.
As I was reading it, it had everything that I could possibly ask for in a mission trip. The part that shocked me the most was when I found out that I could assist as a Dental Assistant in a few countries in Central America. This was so cool because I can go and be a Dental Assistant and a missionary all at the same time and yet, still have everything Christ centered.
I prayed about this because it freaked me out. This was something I have always long to do. This vision was place when I first made that decision to go to college. And yes, and so I prayed about it and the Lord gave me peace. I emailed the short term missionary leader and asked about the organization and how I could possibly get involved. A few weeks later, he emailed me back and gave me information and had me fill out a "Get to know me" application. After I filled that out, I was a little hesitant and afraid that this wasn't something I was ready for. A few days later, I received an email stating that I was something the organization was looking for and if I wanted to move forward with this, I was to fill out an application. And that was exactly what I did, I filled out an application.
No comments:
Post a Comment