Living in El Salvador has been a huge change in my life. I'm learning to depend a lot on God for his provision on things. Before coming, I had such a hard time thinking about how God was going to use me here. I'm surrounded by so many people who are so bold in their faith that they can step into faith and go minister to someone out on the streets and they can be healed, physically and/or mentally etc. I'm personally not at that level right now. As I thought more about it, the more I started to compare myself to my friends and realized that God wasn't gonna be able to use me. I was getting a little disappointed in myself.
It's been 2 weeks now since I've been here and God has been showing me so much. Originally, I came down to El Salvador for their dental ministry. As you read in my previous blog, I'm involved with soccer ministry and English ministry at varies locations. I'm getting myself involved with most of CFCI ministries here in El Salvador, something that was never in MY plans. Honestly, I can feel the Lord stretching me. Going on force with boldness and teaching English, playing soccer with kids who are way better than me and just living uncomfortably. The Lord started to reveal that everything that has happened in my past, He has been preparing me for a time like this. Then it hit me, It wasn't about going to a different country and making the signs and wonders happen (which would still be cool if it did happen. I will continue to keep my ears open and stay obedient when He calls me to do that.). It was simply to go and love on those who needed love.
I was a bit concerned about going to the soccer ministry and just playing soccer. I didn't know how that was gonna to help with reaching out to the kids in the community. All they wanted was to play soccer. Then it hit me, how can you reach out to someone if you can't get down to their level? How is someone going to open up to you if they don't even know you or trust you? If you want to build a long lasting friendship, you need to invest into their life. And that is exactly what soccer ministry is all about. I remember the first time going to practice, everyone looked at me like, "who are you?" The more we started to come around, the kids started talking to us more and opening up. I found out that the community (altavista) wasn't the best community. Some kids come from a poor background, others were very close to getting involved in gangs, some are in the process of getting recruited and some of their parents are gang members. So investing into this community was what God called Maltez (the director of the soccer ministry) to do. Even though I'm still involved with the dental ministry, I love soccer. I look forward to it all the time, I enjoy spending my mornings and afternoons training and running around with the kids.
It's been 2 weeks now since I've been here and God has been showing me so much. Originally, I came down to El Salvador for their dental ministry. As you read in my previous blog, I'm involved with soccer ministry and English ministry at varies locations. I'm getting myself involved with most of CFCI ministries here in El Salvador, something that was never in MY plans. Honestly, I can feel the Lord stretching me. Going on force with boldness and teaching English, playing soccer with kids who are way better than me and just living uncomfortably. The Lord started to reveal that everything that has happened in my past, He has been preparing me for a time like this. Then it hit me, It wasn't about going to a different country and making the signs and wonders happen (which would still be cool if it did happen. I will continue to keep my ears open and stay obedient when He calls me to do that.). It was simply to go and love on those who needed love.
No comments:
Post a Comment